we’re working hard on getting Axon 2 out as soon as possible. In the issue tracker, you can see that the number of open features is diminishing rapidly. Special thanks go out to the sponsors that provided me with the time and resources to make this possible. And not to forget you guys, for diving into the remote edges of the framework and digging up the bugs that were left behind.
There is a number of features scheduled for Axon 2.0 that I believe might not be as “critical” as I initially thought. Especially the following features are candidates to postpone to later versions, or remove alltogether.
- AXON-6: Remoting CommandBus. This feature is superseded by the DistributedCommandBus and the JGroups connector.
- AXON-7: EventBus Connector (point-to-point). There is an AMQP Connector already.
- AXON-10: Infrastructure for replaying events. Just a candidate to postpone to 2.1. It’s already possible to replay Events using the EventStoreManagement interface, but it requires some custom coding.
- AXON-5: Support for aggregates without extending Axon classes. A nice feature to have, but it’s a lot of work. It won’t remove the dependency on Axon from you classes anyway, since you’ll still have to register your events somewhere. The amount of “intrusiveness” of the superclass has already been diminished to a minimum.
- AXON-9: High performance snapshotter. Probably a good example of premature optimization. Snapshotting can easily run on a remote machine and fully asynchronous from the command handling process.
If you’re eagerly waiting on any of these features, or better, if you have implemented your own version of any of these, please let me know. You can either reply on this message, or vote for the features in the issue tracker.
Your opinion is very much appreciated!