TrackingEventProcessor reprocess event stream after migration to another node

Hi all!

I have Axon 3.2.2 application running on two nodes (autoconfigured JPA token store). Single threaded tracking event processor sometimes “migrates” between nodes without any traces in logs.
After such a migration current index of event stream gets into past causing events processed twice!

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks for help!

Aleksey

Hi,

there was a bug that made this possible at some point, when handling of events took a long time. This has been resolved, but can’t check in which version right now.
There is a 3.2.3 version and 3.3.5 as well. Consider upgrading as it may resolve your issue. If not, do let us know!

Cheers,

Allard

Thank you, Allard! I’ll try to upgrade.

p.s. Wish you luck at upcoming AxonIQ conference!

Alexey

Hi Allard!

After upgrading to 3.2.3 the problem still here.

Sincerely yours,

Aleksey

Hi Aleksay,

Would upgrading to 3.3.5 be an option?

Or, have you tried whether that solves the problem?

Cheers,

Steven

Hi Steven

Upgrading to 3.3.5 in our plans. We haven’t tried this version yet.

Kind regards,
Aleksey

Hi Aleksey,

As of last week, we’ve also got version 3.3.6 available for you to use, with a couple of additional bug fixes.

If time allows it, you might even be able to wait for 3.4, which I assume should com quick as well (as 4.0 is coming the 18th of October).
So, just a heads up, please let us know if the version upgrade fixed your issue though!

Cheers,
Steven

Hi Steven,

It looks like the problem still here in 3.4.2 and 4.0.3 (running with Axon Server Standard Edition). Maybe something wrong with my configuration?

Kind regards,
Aleksey

Hi Aleksey,

what does the configuration of your TokenStore look like? What underlying storage (db) do you use?

Allard

Hi Allard,

thanks for your reply. We use Spring Boot autoconfigured JpaTokenStore + Oracle 12.1.0.1.

Kind regards,
Aleksey

Hi Allard,

I’ve made simple application with one tracking processor (four segments) and inserts event identifier into table with unique key on this column. Running 5 instances of this app against Axon Server (periodically restarting instance that owns tracking token) didn’t lead to the problem. Will look further.

Regards,
Aleksey