Multiple references to database sequence [hibernate_sequence] were encountered attempting toset conflicting values for 'increment size'. Found [50] and [1]

Hi,

i am using Axon 3.1.3 spring-boot-starter. however when i start app i am getting error but if i removed axon discrepancies then app works fine.

my database configuration:

datasource:
    type: com.zaxxer.hikari.HikariDataSource
    url: jdbc:h2:mem:payments;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1
    username: payments
    password:
h2:
    console:
        enabled: true
jpa:
    database-platform: io.github.jhipster.domain.util.FixedH2Dialect
    database: H2
    show-sql: true
    properties:
        hibernate.id.new_generator_mappings: true
        hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache: false
        hibernate.cache.use_query_cache: false
        hibernate.generate_statistics: true
    hibernate:

ddl-auto: update

When i run sprint-boot application, i am getting following error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘entityManagerFactory’ defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/orm/jpa/HibernateJpaAutoConfiguration.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: Multiple references to database sequence [hibernate_sequence] were encountered attempting toset conflicting values for ‘increment size’. Found [50] and [1]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1628)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:555)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:483)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:306)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:230)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:302)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:197)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1080)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:857)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:543)
at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.refresh(EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.java:122)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.refresh(SpringApplication.java:693)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.refreshContext(SpringApplication.java:360)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.run(SpringApplication.java:303)
at com.amex.aet.fxip.service.payment.PaymentsApp.main(PaymentsApp.java:52)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.springframework.boot.devtools.restart.RestartLauncher.run(RestartLauncher.java:49)
Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Multiple references to database sequence [hibernate_sequence] were encountered attempting toset conflicting values for ‘increment size’. Found [50] and [1]
at org.hibernate.boot.model.relational.Sequence.validate(Sequence.java:79)
at org.hibernate.id.enhanced.SequenceStructure.registerExportables(SequenceStructure.java:153)
at org.hibernate.id.enhanced.SequenceStyleGenerator.registerExportables(SequenceStyleGenerator.java:452)
at org.hibernate.boot.internal.InFlightMetadataCollectorImpl.handleIdentifierValueBinding(InFlightMetadataCollectorImpl.java:2275)
at org.hibernate.boot.internal.InFlightMetadataCollectorImpl.processExportableProducers(InFlightMetadataCollectorImpl.java:2231)
at org.hibernate.boot.internal.InFlightMetadataCollectorImpl.buildMetadataInstance(InFlightMetadataCollectorImpl.java:2194)
at org.hibernate.boot.model.process.spi.MetadataBuildingProcess.complete(MetadataBuildingProcess.java:305)
at org.hibernate.jpa.boot.internal.EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.metadata(EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.java:847)
at org.hibernate.jpa.boot.internal.EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.build(EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.java:874)
at org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.SpringHibernateJpaPersistenceProvider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(SpringHibernateJpaPersistenceProvider.java:60)
at org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.createNativeEntityManagerFactory(LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:360)
at org.springframework.orm.jpa.AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.buildNativeEntityManagerFactory(AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:382)
at org.springframework.orm.jpa.AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:371)
at org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:336)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1687)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1624)
… 19 common frames omitted

i have one entity, using sequence:

@Entity
@Table(name = "payment")
public class Payment implements Serializable {

private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;

@Id
    @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.SEQUENCE, generator = "sequenceGenerator")
    @SequenceGenerator(name = "sequenceGenerator")

private Long id;

Hi Shraddha,

Axon Framework internally also uses the @GeneratedValue annotation to generate the global index for the events created.

I assume that the same sequence is used for the global index, as is for your Payment view.

Additionally, I guess that you’re using all of Axons defaults, which means that the same transaction to store the event is used to store your Payment view.

I’m not sure about this, but maybe your settings do not allow that sequence to be incremented twice in the same transaction?

Like I just said, I’m not a 100% sure about this, so any other input would be valuable for this.

Cheers,

Steven

Hi Shraddha,

you can override the default behavior of Axon’s DomainEventEntry class’ Sequence Generator by creating a META-INF/orm.xml file with the following contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<entity-mappings xmlns="[http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm](http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm)" version="2.0">
    <mapped-superclass class="org.axonframework.eventsourcing.eventstore.AbstractSequencedDomainEventEntry" access="FIELD">
        <attributes>
            <id name="globalIndex">
                <generated-value generator="domainEventGenerator" strategy="SEQUENCE"/>
            </id>
        </attributes>
    </mapped-superclass>
    <entity class="org.axonframework.eventsourcing.eventstore.jpa.DomainEventEntry" access="FIELD">
        <sequence-generator name="domainEventGenerator" sequence-name="domain_event_seq" allocation-size="1"/>
    </entity>
</entity-mappings>

In the “sequence-generator” field, you can pass in the configuration of the sequence you’d want to use. We recommend creating a dedicated sequence for the DomainEventEntry with an allocation-size of 1, to reduce the chance of “gaps” in these sequences.

Kind regards,

Allard Buijze

With Axon 4.0.3 and JHipster 5.7.0 this solution didn’t work, but Allard emailed me that:

if you change “org.axonframework.eventsourcing.eventstore.AbstractSequencedDomainEventEntry" to “org.axonframework.eventhandling. AbstractSequencedDomainEventEntry”, it should work.

There is one other class that uses a SequenceGenerator:
“org.axonframework.modelling.saga.repository.jpa.AssociationValueEntry”

The field declaring the generator is “id”. You might have to change the orm.xml to change that one as well.

So, I tried (see below for my META-INF/orm.xml). I may have done it wrong, I haven’t looked at JPA mappings in a long, long, time …
but at least it starts up; thanks, Allard!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<entity-mappings xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm" version="2.0">
    <mapped-superclass class="org.axonframework.eventhandling.AbstractSequencedDomainEventEntry" access="FIELD">
        <attributes>
            <id name="globalIndex">
                <generated-value generator="domainEventGenerator" strategy="SEQUENCE"/>
            </id>
        </attributes>
    </mapped-superclass>
    <entity class="org.axonframework.eventsourcing.eventstore.jpa.DomainEventEntry" access="FIELD">
        <sequence-generator name="domainEventGenerator" sequence-name="domain_event_seq" allocation-size="1"/>
    </entity>
    <entity class="org.axonframework.modelling.saga.repository.jpa.AssociationValueEntry" access="FIELD">
        <sequence-generator name="assocValueEntryGenerator" sequence-name="assoc_entry_seq" allocation-size="1"/>
        <attributes>
            <id name="id">
                <generated-value generator="assocValueEntryGenerator" strategy="SEQUENCE"/>
            </id>
        </attributes>
    </entity>
</entity-mappings>