local build: mongo test fails

I pulled the current master branch and do “mvn clean install”.
Unfortunately it fails due to the “MongoEventStorageEngineTest.setUp:90” test

Anything to consider when building locally?

Jan

Hi Jan,

do you have a MongoDB instance running locally? It will start one automatically, unless it detects one already available. If the one you’re running in the background is an unexpected version (driver is 3.3.0), then things might fail.

What is the exact exception?
Cheers,

Allard

This s really strange. I do not have (and never had) a mongo instance running.
If I run the tests on axon-mongo in the IDE, it works.
If I do maven clean install, it fails.

This is the test report. Not much to see:

Do you have firewall settings that prevent the JVM to connect to the mongo port? IntelliJ uses an internal JDK. Perhaps there is a difference in firewall settings?

A workaround could be to start a (docker container with a) mongo instance explicitly. The tests will then use that instance instead.

Cheers,

Allard

hm … retry with running mongo docker - no change

maybe it would be nice to split the build in module so you can easily provide PRs to the core and spring modules without caring (too much) about mongo/kafka/… ?

The failing test:

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the long hold up…

I was wondering, are you still encountering the same issue with the Mongo Test when building the framework locally?

Cheers,
Steven

Sorry for the long hold up…

I was wondering, are you still encountering the same issue with the Mongo Test when building the framework locally?

Hi Steven

thanks for asking. I just tried with current master, mongo now just runs locally with “mvn clean install”.
Now its kafka thats failing :frowning:

Cheers
Jan

Hi Jan,

Great to hear the Mongo tests are working now, sad about the Kafka guys though…

Could you tell me which test this is exactly?

We are experiencing some issues with one of our integration tests in the Kafka suite, which I assume is the culprit for you too.
Just wanted to know exactly which one it is.

Cheers,
Steven

Seems to work now, everything just builds nicely.