JDBC connection leaks while event processing

Hi,
we encounter JDBC connection leaks on activities in EventProcessor. Unfortunately we cant correlate these leaks easily to load situations on our application, so it would be interesting to know if there are any known issues with JDBC configuration on a PostgreSQL DB in a SpringBoot setup with Axon running on one node. We operate on a default pool of 10 pooled connections, our application grew to a number of 110.000.000 events and 20+ projections. Any ideas or hints?
Best regards, Markus

Hi Markus,

I am not aware of any known limitations on the matter up front.
Knowing the Axon Framework version would be helpful though to deduce whether some fixes have been introduced or if any issues are outstanding on the matter.
Simply put, it can be three things when looking at the Event Processor:

1. The TokenStore connection
  2. The EventStore connection
  3. The Query Model connection

Even then though, it highly depends on where you tables are situated.
We normally suggest to pair the token_entry table with your query models, so that would pair those two together.
But there are chances the events are stored in the same database too (even though we suggest against it).
So, really without knowing too much of your set up, I find it hard to deduce if this is Axon or something on your end…my apologies.

If the issue prevails, feel free to provide a new problem description.
Adding things like how the databases are set up and which version of Axon you are using would be helpful to help out further.

That’s my two cents.

Cheers,
Steven

PS. It is important to note that this mailing list will be discontinued as specified in this thread.
The thread also specifies where to look further for help when it comes to Axon as soon as this mailing list is closed.