Is there any published practice on deploying axon server to cloud foundry?

I tried and failed my first few attempts trying to figure it out on my own.

I wish to deploy axon server to the same organization and space so that other independent bounded contexts can be managed by it.

Any assistance before I dive back in would be appreciated.

Hi Will,

Am I understanding correctly that you are trying to deploy AxonServer onto CloudFoundry?
Note that AxonServer is a stateful component. If you’d want to reliably run it on CF, you need to make sure it has a disk to write its state to. Also, you’d need to configure networking to allow services to communicate with the instance itself on port 8124, rather than via routes.

Ideally, you’d run AxonServer next to your CloudFoundry installation (using BOSH, for example), and use a ServiceBroker to connect your applications to the AxonServer instance.

If you did get it running on CF, then I’d love to hear about the steps you’ve taken.

Cheers,

Allard

Good guidance. Thanks for your quick reply. I was going about it all wrong. I was trying to cf push the axonserver.jar.

I don’t work on Pivotal Cloud Foundry and my platform does not provide programmatic access to BOSH (if I understand you correctly).

I’m not the one to pioneer this practice, but I’m still interested in what others have done to support it.

I find it interesting that all the samples that work with the axon framework on cloud foundry all forego the axon server. What do you think of that?

In the meantime, as a workaround, I’m going to provision a dedicated vm on digital ocean at a well-known location and with sufficient disk space to host the axon server. I’ll post back here with my progress.

Cheers!

Wil