Is is possible to run Axon tests in parallel?

Hi All,

A few weeks ago I tried to run a set of tests we have in parallel (using the features of JUnit5), but I didn’t experienced any speed improvements (running them on a 12 core laptop, I was hoping to at least reduce the time by a quarter). I saw that tests were run in parallel, but only one of them would actually be executing, so I assume there is some sort of global synchronised state somewhere.

We don’t have anything odd in our tests that would synchronise other than the axon test framework, so I was wondering if this is the case. I haven’t used a profiler yet to see where the problem might be, but the other libs/frameworks we use are mockito and Jackson, which I’m 99.9% sure that they wouldn’t block tests.

Hi Augusto,

The short answer is yes, it is possible.
Could you provide a sample project of the tests you are running so we can have a better idea of what kinds of tests you are trying to run in parallel? This way we may be able to provide some guidance.
Also, in regards to the speed, it all depends on what kinds of tests/test fixtures you are using (aggregates, sagas, etc). Or if you are testing Axon Server, you may have to run your tests on a separate node.

We look forward to hearing from you with more detailed information/code samples.

Kind regards,
Sara