Exploring Event Sourcing with Axon Framework: A Human Perspective

Hello Members,

I’ve recently jumped into the world of event sourcing using Axon Framework and I must say, it’s been quite an enlightening journey. The way events capture the essence of our domain and how Axon simplifies the implementation is truly remarkable.

I joined this community to get the solutions of my queries.

I would love to hear about your experiences with Axon and event sourcing. What challenges have you faced?

Any tips or best practices you would like to share?

Let’s engage in a meaningful discussion and learn from each others insights.

Regards

1 Like

Hello Steve,

welcome to the amazing world of CQRS and Event Sourcing. Mostly, the weather is good here, but there are indeed always a few things to be careful with.

Sharing all the experiences here would take a bit too much time. If you want some real-life stories, some of the Axon users have given a presentation at one of our conferences. Here are the playlists for 2023 and 2022.

The biggest hurdle to overcome is the learning curve. Nothing else than “just doing it” will get you over that one. Be sure to ask for help. Here is a good place, but sometimes Stackoverflow can also be useful. If your project allows, you can also engage with AxonIQ to bring your team up to speed in the most efficient way.

And if I may add 1 things as the most important “lesson learned”: make sure your events are business events, rather than technical ones. Most projects that use events that are rather technical tend to suffer more from accidental complexity than those that have their events purely based on actual “business occurrences”.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi @allardbz,

Thanks for the warm welcome and valuable insights. I’ll definitely check out the conference playlists and keep your advice about focusing on business events in mind. Looking forward to diving into CQRS and Event Sourcing. I’ll reach out for help if needed.

With Regards,
Steve