Axonserver start/stop script?

Hello,
I am installing axonserver into linux. I’ve searched for some sort of init.d script for starting/stopping the server, but could find none. Obviously, the command to start the server is known. But, does it matter how it is shut down? I noticed a PID file was created, so perhaps that could be of use. I can code one from scratch, but I’m sure it might be a little crude, unless anyone has something that they don’t mind sharing. Thanks!

Hi Brian,

there is currently no special “stop script” for AxonServer. Doing a kill with the pid from the pidfile should suffice. That’s the way we do it ourselves. For full certainty of it shutting down, you can do a hard kill after a couple of seconds. I believe that’s what Docker will also do when a process refuses to stop within 10 seconds.

Hope this helps.

I am installing axonserver into linux. I’ve searched for some sort of init.d script for starting/stopping the server, but could find none.

Hi Brian,

If your Linux distribution uses systemd, I recommend creating a service unit for this process. It doesn’t need a PID file.

Cheers,
Etienne