Axon Server Examples

Hi,

I wonder if anyone is aware of an example of how to use Axon Server for reading/writing events and managing subscriptions (starting/stopping etc) without using the Axon Framework? I.e. an example that just uses it as an event store.

Thanks!
/Johan

Not aware of an example, but could be nice to figure out the Axon Server API and write something against that. I do feel like it would only make sense combined with a non JVM language?

I think I’ve heard representatives from Axoniq saying (in blogs/talks) that you could use Axon Server as an event store by itself, but I could be mistaken. I’m experimenting with some stuff on my own and I’d like to integrate them with Axon Server if possible :slight_smile:

Hi @johanhaleby,

What I know and can share is that Axon Server API is actually open source!
You can have a look here: GitHub - AxonIQ/axon-server-api: Protobuf files describing the API of AxonServer

Having said that, I can also share some initiatives from the community to build connectors to Axon Server in different languages:

I think that can give you one idea of what can be build and how to do that!

KR,

1 Like

Thank you Lucas, very helpful! :pray:

let’s not forget the Java connector:

That connector is the “just java” way to interact with Axon Server. Obviously, you’d have to manage the serialization, transactions, etc, yourself.

4 Likes

Hi @johanhaleby,

Yes, a Java connector could be used for JVM projects.

One example of usage is Axon Framework itself AxonFramework/AxonServerEventStore.java at master · AxonFramework/AxonFramework · GitHub

I would focus on AxonServerEventStore.readEvents and AxonServerEventStore.publish API at first.

Best,
Ivan

1 Like

There are also some examples of using the connector in the Connector project itself: