a small message to let you all know that Axon Framework 1.0 is soon to be released. First of all, I’d like to thank all of you as early adopters for your valuable feedback and ideas. It has definitely helped me a lot in getting Axon Framework to become production-ready. I know about several projects using it in production worldwide, and I’m sure there are many more that I haven’t heard about yet.
With this release coming up, my employer has agreed to provide me with more time and resources to get things going. One of the things I am spending time on is a 2-day immersion training to really dive deep into applying CQRS and Axon in projects. Unlike the workshop, this training is really focused at allowing the trainees to do labs and exercises themselves. Unlike many other trainings around, I’m trying to arrange a package deal including hotel and meals. If that doesn’t allow for full “immersion”, I don’t know what does! Registration will open soon via www.jteam.nl.
Of course, another thing I am working on is publicity around the release. That’s where I could use your help. I would like to ask you for feedback about the Axon Framework. On the one side, we’d like to use this information to set up a page with testimonials (anonymous if you want). On the other side, it could provide information to further improve the framework.
I’d be very grateful if you took te time to send me a message (make sure to send the reply only to me, not the whole group) answering the following questions. Feel free to make is as short or long as you like.
- What would you say is the biggest advantage of using Axon over more traditional architectures and frameworks?
- What do you think of Axon’s learning curve?
- Would you recommend Axon’s approach to CQRS to other companies/projects?
- For which type of projects would you use Axon, and for which would you prefer another approach?
- Could you tell us about your company and project?
- Do you want this information to be anonymized before publication?
If you could provide the answers before Monday April 18th, that would be great!
Axon Framework Project Lead