Axon AMQP not compatible with latest Spring AMQP

Hi Allard,

I’m not sure if it’s reported before and I’m not sure it isn’t just me messing up my local environment but it appears Spring AMQP has added a change since their 1.3.0 release which causes issues with Axon AMQP. I stumbled upon it when using the combination of Axon 2.3.2, Spring Boot 1.1.9.RELEASE and Spring Boot Starter AMQP 1.1.9.RELEASE which uses Spring AMQP and Rabbit 1.3.7.RELEASE (all via Spring Platform 1.0.3.RELEASE).

The change occurs is here: https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-amqp/commit/43251642bf2208592f389c9d0b7fa7ee220f9ae9#diff-cc55508863429351ee96c3bc30a1ef77R273

Spring AMQP added a "public final void setExclusive(boolean exclusive)” method to the SimpleMessageListenerContainer which causes the ExtendedMessageListenerContainer to no longer compile as it has a "public void setExclusive(boolean exclusive)” which attempts to override the final method in the Spring class.

IntelliJ is also nagging me about the ExclusiveConnectionFactory and ExclusiveChannel classes in the ExtendedMessageListenerContainer as the interfaces for ConnectionFactory and Channel have changed (but I haven’t investigated this in-depth).

As a workaround, I have downgraded my Spring AMQP dependency to an earlier version (1.2.2).

Regards,

Dennis Laumen

Hi Dennis,

it has been reported, and also fixed. It hasn’t been released yet, though.
See: http://issues.axonframework.org/youtrack/issue/AXON-271

Cheers,

Allard

Hi Allard,

Awesome! Always ahead of the curve it seems ;-).

I wasn’t able to search YouTrack as it kept redirecting me to the login page. These direct links work but it doesn’t seem possible to browse the issues unauthenticated. Is this on purpose? I would think opening it up would prevent unnecessary e-mails to this list (like mine ;-)).

Regards,

Dennis

I will look into the authentication issue. Issues should be available publicly.
YouTrack has been updated to a bew version. Maybe something went wrong there.

Cheers,
Allard

There is a link 'log in as guest' in the corner of the auth box. That should get you in.

Cheers,

Allard

Ah, thanks! Must've overlooked it!