Axon admin events rest api

Hi all,
Im trying to use an python client to fetch all events on axon ( for backup purpose ), I manage to fetch first 10K using v1/events api, but can’t fetch the next page, can someone please bring some light?
Actually I didin’t find detailed docs, so Im trying to follow what I see in the swagger doc.

Regards
Andre

Hi Andre,
To retrieve the next page you can add the parameter trackingToken to your request. This will start reading the events from a specific position in the event store.

If you do this like this, each request will wait when it has reached the 10K events until it has reached a timeout (which is set to an hour by default). To speed up this process you may want to set the timeout to a lower value for instance like this:

http://localhost:8024/v1/events?trackingToken=&timeout=15

I hope you understand that this is not the normal way of creating backups, check the reference guide on how to create backups.
Regards,
Marc

Hi Marc, thank you for your answer, yes, I understand that it’s not the standard approach, actually we are doing also snapshoting approach, but this one is useful because I can have events in pure text which makes my life easy when I need to migrate my server. Also useful because as we are runing. our axon cluster inside a kubernetes cluster ( also understand that its not the standard approach ), from time to time I face issues trying to restore my cluster using snapshots or binary backups, anyway, if you can recommend more detailed docs that is not actually available in axon public docs, I would be more than happy to read it and get better understanding of how to keep my data safe :slight_smile:

Kind regards