Sample Disruptor Configuration

I am having no luck in configuring the Disruptor command bus. I keep receiving these exceptions:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'exampleRepository': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'commandBus' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'commandBus': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'eventBus' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'eventBus': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'exampleRepository': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'commandBus' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'commandBus': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'eventBus' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'eventBus': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'commandBus': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'eventBus' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'eventBus': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'eventBus': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?
Related cause:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'exampleRepository': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?

My Spring configuration is rather minimal:

<context:annotation-config/>

<axon:annotation-config/>

<axon:event-bus id="eventBus"/>

<axon:jpa-event-store
  id="eventStore"
  event-serializer="xStreamSerialiser"/>

<bean id="commandTargetResolver" class="com.example.PackageCommandTargetResolver"/>

<axon:disruptor-command-bus
  id="commandBus"
  event-store="eventStore"
  event-bus="eventBus"
  command-target-resolver="commandTargetResolver"
  >
  <axon:repositories>
    <axon:repository id="exampleRepository" aggregate-type="com.example.ExampleAggregrate"/>
  </axon:repositories>
</axon:disruptor-command-bus>

<bean id="xStreamSerialiser"
    class="com.example.XStreamSerializerFactory"/>

Is there something obvious in my configuration that I am missing?

Thanks,
Randy.

Well I found that I was missing the ClusterSelector in my configuration so at least I don't receive the circular errors.

However I am now not getting a successful aggregate added via the repository. Any sample configuration with Distributed Command Bus would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy.

Next time I'll just keep silent on my questions as I now have a working command bus. :slight_smile:

So I'm getting the circular reference exceptions again as soon as I add another repository to the list. I'm not getting any references to Axon code this time. Is it safe to assume that a disruptor command bus can handle more than one type of aggregate?

<axon:disruptor-command-bus
  id="commandBus"
  event-store="eventStore"
  event-bus="eventBus"
  command-target-resolver="commandTargetResolver"
  >
  <axon:repositories>
    <axon:repository id="exampleRepository" aggregate-type="com.example.ExampleAggregrate"/>
    <axon:repository id="sampleRepository" aggregate-type="com.example.SampleAggregrate"/>
  </axon:repositories>
</axon:disruptor-command-bus>

Hi Randy,

this was a weird one. I have some test cases that prove the disruptor command bus configuration works as designed. However, when copying your example (and changing the com.example packages to stub implementations), I managed to reproduce the problem.

But when I changed the order of the beans, the problem disappeared. More specifically, if the declaration comes after the , it works. Otherwise, you get an “unresolvable circular dependency”. That tells me that something is wrong in both Axon and Spring. In Axon because there shouldn’t have to be a circular dependency, and in Spring because apparently it can be resolved.

I also managed to find and fix the circular dependency. It wasn’t really circular, but there is an “InitializingBean” interface on one of the beans used by the Event Bus that isn’t called in time by Spring. Changing that to a lazily self-initializing bean seemed to solve the problem.

For now, as a workaround, you can make sure the event bus is declared after the command bus (don’t know why that helps, but it does). If you don’t need a ClusteringEventBus, you can also change the declaration to .

Cheers,

Allard

Thank you Allard for investigating this issue. I tried your solution but it did not work for me. I even removed all other Spring context files to create one large file with the command bus at the very beginning of the file and still I get the circular reference issue.

I even tried the Simple command bus. Same.

I'm thinking that I will code this in Java to see if it resolves the issue.

Randy.

That's weird. Maybe there is another circular reference.
Could you post the stacktrace?

This is the complete stacktrace:

Exception in thread "main" org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sampleRepository': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'commandBus' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'commandBus': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'eventStore' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'eventStore': Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' of type [org.axonframework.common.jpa.ContainerManagedEntityManagerProvider] while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)': Injection of persistence dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'exampleRepository': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'commandBus' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'commandBus': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?
Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sampleRepository': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:329)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:107)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.resolveConstructorArguments(ConstructorResolver.java:615)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:148)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1045)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:949)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:487)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:458)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:295)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:223)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:292)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:610)
  at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:932)
  at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:479)
  at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
  at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:83)
  at com.example.Bootstrap$delayedInit$body.apply(Bootstrap.scala:7)
  at scala.Function0$class.apply$mcV$sp(Function0.scala:40)
  at scala.runtime.AbstractFunction0.apply$mcV$sp(AbstractFunction0.scala:12)
  at scala.App$$anonfun$main$1.apply(App.scala:71)
  at scala.collection.immutable.List.foreach(List.scala:318)
  at scala.collection.generic.TraversableForwarder$class.foreach(TraversableForwarder.scala:32)
  at scala.App$class.main(App.scala:71)
  at com.example.Bootstrap$.main(Bootstrap.scala:5)
  at com.example.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.scala)
  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
  at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:120)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'commandBus': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'eventStore' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'eventStore': Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' of type [org.axonframework.common.jpa.ContainerManagedEntityManagerProvider] while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)': Injection of persistence dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'exampleRepository': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'commandBus' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'commandBus': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:329)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:107)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.resolveConstructorArguments(ConstructorResolver.java:615)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:148)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1045)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:949)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:487)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:458)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:295)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:223)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:292)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:323)
  ... 31 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'eventStore': Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' of type [org.axonframework.common.jpa.ContainerManagedEntityManagerProvider] while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)': Injection of persistence dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'exampleRepository': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'commandBus' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'commandBus': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:282)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:126)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:323)
  ... 43 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)': Injection of persistence dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'exampleRepository': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'commandBus' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'commandBus': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?
  at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessPropertyValues(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:343)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1116)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:519)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:271)
  ... 55 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'exampleRepository': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'commandBus' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'commandBus': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.getSingletonFactoryBeanForTypeCheck(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:777)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.getTypeForFactoryBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:707)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.isTypeMatch(AbstractBeanFactory.java:523)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.doGetBeanNamesForType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:356)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanNamesForType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:334)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanNamesForType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:321)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactoryUtils.beanNamesForTypeIncludingAncestors(BeanFactoryUtils.java:144)
  at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.findDefaultEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:527)
  at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.findEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:497)
  at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$PersistenceElement.resolveEntityManager(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:660)
  at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$PersistenceElement.getResourceToInject(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:631)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InjectionMetadata$InjectedElement.inject(InjectionMetadata.java:159)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InjectionMetadata.inject(InjectionMetadata.java:87)
  at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessPropertyValues(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:340)
  ... 59 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'commandBus': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.beforeSingletonCreation(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:327)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:217)
  ... 78 more
Related cause:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sampleRepository': Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.beforeSingletonCreation(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:327)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:217)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getTypeForFactoryBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1368)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.getTypeForFactoryBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:720)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.isTypeMatch(AbstractBeanFactory.java:523)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.doGetBeanNamesForType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:356)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanNamesForType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:334)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanNamesForType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:321)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactoryUtils.beanNamesForTypeIncludingAncestors(BeanFactoryUtils.java:144)
  at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.findDefaultEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:527)
  at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.findEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:497)
  at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$PersistenceElement.resolveEntityManager(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:660)
  at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$PersistenceElement.getResourceToInject(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:631)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InjectionMetadata$InjectedElement.inject(InjectionMetadata.java:159)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InjectionMetadata.inject(InjectionMetadata.java:87)
  at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessPropertyValues(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:340)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1116)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:519)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:271)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:126)
  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:610)
  at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:932)
  at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:479)
  at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
  at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:83)
  at com.example.Bootstrap$delayedInit$body.apply(Bootstrap.scala:7)
  at scala.Function0$class.apply$mcV$sp(Function0.scala:40)
  at scala.runtime.AbstractFunction0.apply$mcV$sp(AbstractFunction0.scala:12)
  at scala.App$$anonfun$main$1.apply(App.scala:71)
  at scala.collection.immutable.List.foreach(List.scala:318)
  at scala.collection.generic.TraversableForwarder$class.foreach(TraversableForwarder.scala:32)
  at scala.App$class.main(App.scala:71)
  at com.example.Bootstrap$.main(Bootstrap.scala:5)
  at com.example.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.scala)
  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
  at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:120)

Process finished with exit code 1

This is the entire content of my com.example.Bootstrap.scala:

package com.example

import org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext

object Bootstrap extends App {

val applicationContext: ClassPathXmlApplicationContext = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("classpath:context.xml")

}

Thanks,
Randy.

This is really strange. Spring says it can’t inject the persistence context (i.e. EntityManager) in a class because the repository isn’t initialized yet. I don’t see how the two relate.

I’m also having a hard time reproducing this issue, which makes it harder to come up with a solution.

Which Spring version do you use? I assume you’re using Axon 2.0.5?

Never mind. Just a minute after sending the email I though of a way to reproduce it, and it worked. The solution I had already in mind, but which I couldn’t validate, also seems to work.
Really weird that this one didn’t pop up before. I’ve been using DisruptorCommandBus myself for a while as well.

Solution will be available in 2.0.6 (new snapshot will be deployed shortly).

Please disregard those other messages that finally came in. That was weird.

I was using 2.0.5 and I have since moved to 2.0.6-SNAPSHOT. The changes you made are perfect!

Thank you very much for your assistance with this matter. And as in the past I will be studying your changes to see how you came to this conclusion.

Randy.