Looking for an example of a simple axon server plugin

Hi. I am planning to provide an axon server plugin for our avro serializer .

Working with osgi/spring has been a while, so I wonder if there is a “hello world” example that I can use to build on? If not: would it be hard to provide and where is the best location to file a feature request (aka wish)?

Thanks
Jan

Hey @Jan_Galinski, I have on back of my mind to provide a plugin sample but haven’t had time to work on that yet.
My first idea would be to provide something like a json schema validator as a plugin.

Feel free to ping me if you need any help on the matter.

KR,

Hi Lucas, thanks for your offer … I moved a step back from my avro plugin and started a very basic setup, strictly following the plugin-api README, no additional stuff. But still I do not see anything happening. I guess my main problem (besides lack of understanding of osgi :-)) is the log configuration. How can I see whats going on, add a little “no I am here” debug output now and there …

Please check: Provide logging for server plugin

it contains the link to my example repo.

I also created: provide a working, minimal setup to build on · Issue #7 · AxonIQ/axon-server-plugin-api · GitHub. because I think that the plugin infrastructure might be as confusing to others and it would be grate to have something to clone.

Thanks
Jan

Hi @Jan_Galinski,

Yes, I saw your other post. I will find some time to help you on that!
Probably create a “hello world from plugin” example of my own and share it.

Stay tuned =)

KR,

1 Like

Hi @Jan_Galinski, I am back to share the example I was talking about.

You can find it on the repo: GitHub - AxonIQ/axon-server-plugin-example: A simple example of an Axon Server Plugin.

Feel free to use it, improve and give feedback!

KR,

1 Like